Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching Schools & Resubscribing Later

Solved!

Switching Schools & Resubscribing Later

To Whom It May Concern,

I will be canceling my Spotify Premium Student subscription today. However, I plan to resubscribe later on. Since my postgrad plans will require me to attend different schools, am I still qualified for this student discount? For instance, I've just graduated from a UC (a.k.a. University of California) and will be going to a California Community College (a.k.a. CCC) for a while before transferring to a graduate program. 

Can you show me how to unsubscribe now?  Also, what happens when I cancel my current subscription cycle (as a UC student), but would like to resubscribe next year when I am a CCC student?  Do you & SheerID even accept Citrus College in Glendora, CA as part of this discount? Kindly let me know ASAP.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @BookishL1stener,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Here is how the student discount works:

You can activate the discount for a period of 12 months, when you're enrolled in any of the schools registered with SheerID (our verification partner). This discount will stay active on your account, so you can cancel and re subscribe at any time in that 12 month period and you'll still get the discounted price. 

You don't necessarily need to cancel your subscription when switching schools. 

Once the 12 month period is about to end, you'll receive an email from Spotify, notifying you that you need to renew the discount. If you're attending a new school/ college you just need to enter the details for that one 🙂

The discount can be activated up to 4 times - so 4 years in total.

You can cancel any time from here, and learn more about the student discount here.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you've got questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @BookishL1stener,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Here is how the student discount works:

You can activate the discount for a period of 12 months, when you're enrolled in any of the schools registered with SheerID (our verification partner). This discount will stay active on your account, so you can cancel and re subscribe at any time in that 12 month period and you'll still get the discounted price. 

You don't necessarily need to cancel your subscription when switching schools. 

Once the 12 month period is about to end, you'll receive an email from Spotify, notifying you that you need to renew the discount. If you're attending a new school/ college you just need to enter the details for that one 🙂

The discount can be activated up to 4 times - so 4 years in total.

You can cancel any time from here, and learn more about the student discount here.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you've got questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts