Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to sign up for a Student Premium Plan

Solved!

Trying to sign up for a Student Premium Plan

Plan: Free Currently with Premium in the past

Device: iPhone 13, MacBook Air

Operating System: IOS 16, MacOS 13

My Question or Issue:

When I go to sign up for the premium plan it tells me that it cant confirm I am a student. I am a student with a student email and currently attending University of Maryland Baltimore County. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zCam12,

Please make sure you're following these exact steps when applying for Premium Student.
Additional verifications through SheerID must first take place in order for you to sign up for this subscription 🙂
We're here for you if any questions arise along the way.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @zCam12,

Please make sure you're following these exact steps when applying for Premium Student.
Additional verifications through SheerID must first take place in order for you to sign up for this subscription 🙂
We're here for you if any questions arise along the way.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hola, tengo el mismo problema solo que ya tengo una cuenta premium y me gustaría pasarme a la de estudiantes. SheerID ya me verificó como estudiante, aún así no me deja cambiar de plan.
¿Debería darme de baja y volver a registrarme? De ser así, ¿Como podría hacer para no perder mis playlists?

Hey @Giuliana2,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

If you've already been verified by SheerID, you should have received an email with a link for activation. You can click on the link to activate the offer. Based on what you're describing it's possible that you never activated the discounted subscription itself. Could you please check all your email addresses, spam folders included and see if the email with the activation link is to be found there.

Tip: The link from SheerID is valid for 7 days. If it's no longer active we'd suggest you directly contact SheerID. Their team can send you a new link allowing you to get the student discount.

To answer your last question - no, you don't need to unsubscribe and register again, just follow the steps that I've provided and you should be able to change your existing plan. 

If you still can't change your plan, could you please send us a screenshot of what you're seeing? We'll investigate this further. Be aware this is a public space, so please don't share any personal info on the screenshot you'll send us.

In case you just want to know how to transfer all saved content in just a few easy steps - make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts