Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change to Student Premium from Family Premium

Unable to change to Student Premium from Family Premium

Had my student status verified but I'm unable to change the plan. When I click to "get the discount" this is what I get with no way to activate the discount. As well, my family premium is very much active!

Spotify.png

4 Replies

Hi @silverorange78

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

If your account page indicates that you’re still currently in a Premium Family plan, I recommend first canceling your Premium Family subscription by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium

Once you've left Premium Family, I recommend trying to get the student discount again, using a private/incognito window; this step will ensure that you avoid issues with your browser's cache. 

Let me know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @silverorange78,

Thanks for posting here.

Currently there is no option to activate two different subscriptions.

If you want to activate the Premium for Students offer, you'll need to first cancel your Premium for Family subscription with these steps.

Once the account is on free, you can click here to subscribe to Premium for Students.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you. My concern is, if I cancel my plan (to the free tier) and select the Student one, will this remove all the downloaded songs from my devices? 

By the way, Spotify needs to do something better with downloads! Everytime I change a phone, I have to literally go and reselect all the playlists to be downloaded! This isn't 1990 anymore!

Hi @silverorange78,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, unfortunately it is the case that by canceling your Premium Family plan, you’ll lose your downloads when your account reverts to the free plan. Your Library will still be there, but any downloaded music will have to be redownloaded after you subscribe to Premium for Students.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts