Unable to do student verification

Solved!

Unable to do student verification

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

(iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5 inch 2017, MacBook Air early 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 16 beta, iPadOS 15, macOS Catalina .)

My Question or Issue

I have been a verified premium student since 11th September 2021, but when I went to renew my plan for the month of August 2022, Spotify asked me to re-verify myself. Even though I have been re-verified by SheerID, the same isn’t being reflected in my Spotify account. 

1551536C-7475-497D-9E44-E7B47D449E5B.jpg
25256FF4-4318-4840-BBE1-F8101F3EDBB8.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ヤルダアン,

Thank you for posting here in the Community.

I see what you're saying, could you also confirm if you've tried on a desktop device?

In case that doesn't do the trick and you’re still getting the same error message, check out the info this page for what to do next.
Open up the spoiler under "You've already redeemed this offer" and you'll see some helpful steps that you can also try.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you're seeing this error message, it means that SheerID has already verified you as a student and has sent you an email with a link to activate the offer. If you're unable to find the link even in your spam folder, you should contact SheerID again to get a new confirmation email. Here is how to do that.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

hi, I have received a mail in relation to this very topic, but when I go to the link, it again brings me back to the old window I’ve shared earlier. 
I have also attached the email sent to me by SheerID below 

CB1C76C1-104E-4FDE-B947-F53018EF5E64.jpg

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind opening this email and clicking on "Get Student Discount" in an incognito window on a different device? Also, it's worth trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there, 

the tabs that I’ve opened in the screenshots shared here are all opened in incognito mode. Other than that, I’ve tried doing the same on my other devices mentioned but it just doesn’t work 

thank you 

Marked as solution

Hey @ヤルダアン,

Thank you for posting here in the Community.

I see what you're saying, could you also confirm if you've tried on a desktop device?

In case that doesn't do the trick and you’re still getting the same error message, check out the info this page for what to do next.
Open up the spoiler under "You've already redeemed this offer" and you'll see some helpful steps that you can also try.

Hope something here helps and does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi,

Unfortunately I don’t have a desktop device but I have tried to do the same on my laptop. It, however, brings me back to the same window as shared earlier 

additionally, I’ve contacted SheerID as the same was suggested in another thread linked above.

I’ll post any update here once I’m contacted by SheerID and have done the needful 

Suggested posts