Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Verified as a student but discount not working

Verified as a student but discount not working

Hello!

I am currently on the free version of Spotify and want to get the student premium plan. I went through the steps to verify my student status on SheerID and received the confirmation email with the link to get my discount. When I click on the link I am asked to confirm my account, and after I do I get to another page saying I am verified as a student until 2023. When I actually try to sign up for the student premium, however, it just brings me to this page : https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/premium/ and the following message shows up: "Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium."

It seems like I was properly verified as a student and I have tried on an incognito browser as well, but it's still not working.

Thank you very much!

11 Replies

Hey there @yusras,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying from a different device and using a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference?

Additionally, make sure to use the activation link you've received from SheerID.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi thank you for your response! I just tried this but I still get the error message, even using the link from SheerID 😕 is there anything else I can try? I've attached an image of the error in case it may be of any help 🙂

Screenshot_20220731-204158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey @yusras,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the screenshot you kindly share with us 🙂

In these cases, if you've already been approved for the student discount, it's best to try the following to activate it:

1. Please turn to a computer.
2. Open an incognito window.
3. Paste this link and follow the steps.

This may help to refresh the system. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Student status was successfuylly verified through SheerID, but I would not be able to pick the "Student Premium" plan. I also treid the solution above, without success. Please help!

1. Successfull Sheer ID confirmation

spotify_1.png

2. I try to select Premium for Students

spotify_2.png

3. The following error message pops up, (tranlated from Norwegian): Sorry, you are not eligible for this subscription. Her are some other options."

spotify_3.png

4. I try to run the varification process again, but "you have already redeemed this offer"

spotify_4.png

Is this som hidden way to sell more regular premium subscription for the double price?

Please help!

   

Hi @max_te!

You should have received an email from SheerID confirming your eligibility for the student discount. In it you should find a button GET PREMIUM STUDENT which you need to click on in order to complete the process. After doing so your plan will switch to Premium Student on your next billing date.

In case you haven't received such email, or the link has expired, you can request a new one here - just make sure you follow the steps in it.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

Even with the link in the confirmation email I can't sign up for the student plan. It still says that I am not eligible for that plan. I tried on the computer, incognito page, other connection, updating the app and using the hubo link.

Hi! Just an update on this situation. I personally never found a solution for this problem. I contacted a customer service agent and they told me that premium student wasn't offered where I live (Quebec, Canada), but i don't know if that's really the problem because i know a lot of people who live here that have student premium. Plus I tried to sign up to all of the other subscriptions and it would give me the same error every single time (even for regular premium). I even tried creating a new account and couldn't even sign up to any premium with that account either. I really don't know what went wrong lol so I just gave up 😕 i hope everyone else can find a solution though!!

Hey folks,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

@yusras, the information you received from the Customer Support team is correct; the Student discount is not currently available in Quebec. However, you should be able to subscribe to a different type of plan with no issues.

First, we'd recommend taking a look at this article to cover all the basics and try again.

In the case of @Nattt, if the system mentions that you're not eligible for the discount, it is possible that the discount is already added to your account. We'd recommend trying to change the plan on your account page by clicking on the option Available plans on the left panel and selecting Premium Student. This should do the trick.

However, if the system gives you the error again, since we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd suggest contacting our Customer Support, so they can check your account and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, 

I have verified with Sheer Id that I'm a student. However, after clicking the link in the e mail I recieve an error. Do you have any idea how to solve this and end my verification. 

Thanks a lot. 

I had the same issue and customer service told me to cancel my existing plan (family plan) in order to sign up for the student premium and that worked! Hope this helps

Moved:

We've moved your comment to the relevant Ongoing Issue that's currently being looked into.

Suggested posts