Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want Student discount.. already have Premium Family + Hulu/Showtime

Solved!

Want Student discount.. already have Premium Family + Hulu/Showtime

So I am already a Spotify Premium for Family subscriber, as well as Hulu with Showtime.

I verified that I am a student, but how do I activate the plan? I've received no confirmation or "activation" emails from Spotify.

I cancelled my Showtime billing, as stated on the Spotify student page (so I can add it later via Spotify).

My family plan still says it is set to autopay in about a week.

Do I need to cancel my Hulu payment? Do I need to explicitly cancel my Family plan? I don't know if these changes are automatic.

Any help is appreciated, and Spotify is really stingy for not offering customer support.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MixtapeChick.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Because it's not possible to combine Premium for Family and the Student Discount, you'll need to cancel your Premium for Family subscription (or remove yourself from Premium for Family if you aren't the administrator). You'll need to wait till your account is back to Free and then you'll be able to subscribe with the Student Discount. Which can be done here.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MixtapeChick.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Because it's not possible to combine Premium for Family and the Student Discount, you'll need to cancel your Premium for Family subscription (or remove yourself from Premium for Family if you aren't the administrator). You'll need to wait till your account is back to Free and then you'll be able to subscribe with the Student Discount. Which can be done here.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts