Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

student subscription failed

student subscription failed

Hello,

I have used my debit card to make a subscription and then the system told me to validate that im a student.  So i went to SheerID and did the job there. Unfortunately i uploaded my universal university pass and SheerID didnt want it. So, i uploaded one documentation that validates im a student to my uni. Finally i got accepted by SheerID.

When i pushed the button "Complete Purchase" that was in the mail which came from SheerID, they made me put my debit card again. I did that and now im charged twice. At the next step the SheerID informed me that im not a student and i have to validate. 😕 

Could someone there help me with that ? 😛 

3 Replies

Hey @vasrem,

It’s very likely just a pending charge if you haven’t received a receipt from Spotify via Email 🙂

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

Ok! We will find out about the charging later this week.

But what is up with the subscription? How can I do this? I failed twice and SheerID has validated me as a student.

I recommend contacting Support about this issue, you can do this via Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or on the online contact form.

Suggested posts