NEXT STEP

validity of the student ID

validity of the student ID

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have a problem with spotify, more specifically with the premium offer for students. As you know, the coronavirus forced universities to close in mid-March. I had a valid student ID until March 31st. However, I did not try to raise extend validity because I returned to my hometown before everything were closed and in addition, there were announcements from polish gov that the the validity of the card will be extended automatically and it turned it do extended until September 30, so I did not have to personally extend the student ID at univeristy [1].
Just now I found out that instead of PLN 40 for 4 months, I paid PLN 80. Is there any chance to do something about it? 

Is there a chance to get my money back? I still have student status and spotify canceled my student discount without a reason 4 months ago.

I can't have premium for students untill I come back to univeristy and get new sticker with validity no more? 

1. website of the Polish government 

https://www.gov.pl/web/nauka/informacja-w-sprawie-waznosci-legitymacji-studenckich-legitymacji-dokto...

1 Reply

Hey @BecKs5,

Welcome to the Community!

The student discount is valid for 12 months after activation. After this you need to reactivate it for the next year, if you're still studying. If you don't reactive the student discount your subscription becomes a standard Premium subscription automatically.

You should receive a email reminder from us a month before the student discount expires with instructions on how to reactivate it. Check you inbox for such messages and follow the steps inside.

If you can't find this email, you can always resubscribe through this link. Note: You will need to verify that you're still a student through SheerID. 

You can also have a look at this support article for more information on refunds.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have an awesome day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts