Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account change and charges

Solved!

Account change and charges

Hey guys,

I've joined my brother's family account. My membership type seems as family account on my account details. So should I do anything more to prevent extra payment of my previous premium account or they've all been changed automatically? I couldn't find any technical support mail add or similar on spotify help section.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for confirming. Don’t worry then, the email you recieved would have been about your regular Premium subscription (when you were located in Turkey)! 

Now you’re on Premium for Family, this won’t affect you. You still won’t be charged for your account any further. And, as mentioned, your future payments are handled by the Premium for Family plan owner 🙂 Any Premium time you have remaining just resumes if you leave the Premium for Family plan. 

If you’ve moved however, and you're now on a UK plan (in the UK), it's also worth just checking your account's set to your new location here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/.

I hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @boncu,

You won't be charged for your account any further. Your future payments are handled by the Premium for Family administrator. Any Premium time you have remaining will resume if you leave Premium for Family.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Hey Maxim,

Thanks for your help.

The issue is, as few months ago, I had been informed about the price increase of my previous spotify account in case I don't sign out that account till a date. I've found another member here also asked about the same issue. I will for sure check for my cc receipts. However, I couldn't be sure if just switching to a family perimum account would be enough to stop Spotify finance team or not? 🙂

No worries! Just to check, where are you located/which country is your account set to? I'll see what I can suggest.
MaximSpotify Star

My previous premium account was set to in Turkey. Now I'm a family member of an account set to in U.K. where I also started to live in.

Fingers crossed!

Marked as solution

Thanks for confirming. Don’t worry then, the email you recieved would have been about your regular Premium subscription (when you were located in Turkey)! 

Now you’re on Premium for Family, this won’t affect you. You still won’t be charged for your account any further. And, as mentioned, your future payments are handled by the Premium for Family plan owner 🙂 Any Premium time you have remaining just resumes if you leave the Premium for Family plan. 

If you’ve moved however, and you're now on a UK plan (in the UK), it's also worth just checking your account's set to your new location here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/.

I hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks a lot! I think I could calm down now 🙂

However, I wasn't able to change the details on "subscription", it seems only head of family account is able to change those kind of details. All I saw on that screen was "you're now a family premium member!" 🙂

Grateful cheers!

I'm glad to hear that 🙂

Please let me know if you need help with anything else, otherwise... spotify:track:6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC:small

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts