Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Already redeemed student offer

Already redeemed student offer

Plan

Premium

I have been using the spotify student premium plan for some time now but I recently lost my credit card and didn't pay on time. I tried updating my payment information afterwards but it says my subscription is the normal rate (9.99) and that I already redeemed my student offer when I tried to change my plan. What can I do to change back to the student plan?

6 Replies

Hey @lavenderkills, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please check for the following:

• You haven’t already claimed the discount on another Spotify account. Find other accounts.
  • Your school is listed. If you didn’t see your school in the list during sign up, you're not eligible right now.
  • You haven’t exceeded the 4-year limit. The discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible.

If you're still having issues, please send me a screenshot of the error message is shown (make sure you hide sensitive info when posting to the community.)

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I was wondering, what does it mean I need to find another account? I’m pretty sure I only have this one account tied to my email/Facebook.

I'm experiencing the same problem! Say's redeemed but onlye applied this morning. Already tied cleaning cookies, and that kind of things and still want's to charge me the normal plan.

Hey, @birth1mark and @lavenderkills.

Thanks for reaching back out. 

Based on the error message you showed me, it's possible that the Student Discount is linked with a different account. I'd recommend checking out these steps for finding the correct account with the Student Discount. 

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi,

That wasn't the problem. I reached Spotify support on twitter and they followed the activation and everything got ok and working.

Thanks

Hey, @birth1mark.

I'm glad to hear that you got things fixed! If you need help with anything else, just start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

@lavenderkills,

Do you still need help?

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts