Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan Why We Can't Listening on TV?

Solved!

Family Plan Why We Can't Listening on TV?

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

iPhone Macbook Pro Android

Operating System

(iOS 11, Android 7 Nougat, Mac OS)

My Question or Issue

All our devices are connect to the same wi-fi network. We can't see the TV listed as an available device to listening on under 'Devices Available'.

The only way I could listen to music on TV was opening the Spotify app, chosing 'Other ways to log in' and inserting my email and password. This way only I can stream music to the TV Spotify app. My partner can't.

How is it possible for both of us listening to music on TV (one at once, not simultaneously, of course) if the Smart TV isn't listed as a 'Device Available' and without login with our individual accounts every time on the Smart TV?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I managed to solve the problem. I restored the wi-fi router settings to the default ones, changing its firewall settings from High to Low. The local network is less secure now but at least we all can listen to our songs on TV again. Yay! Thanks for all the comments.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello, I hope you are well, probably because your smart TV is connected to your account, a serious solution would be to restart Spotify, it happened to me and that's how it worked out for me. You can also try the following

To check if your Samsung TV supports Spotify:

1)Go to Samsung's app store.
2)Select Spotify, under Lifestyle.
3)Click Check your device in the top-right.
many greetings

Thanks for the suggestions. I already did a TV reset back to the default settings and downloaded the Spotify app again. The problem persists. It was working before we moved to a new house.

Now we are using a fiber connection (100/20 Mbps) to connect to the Internet instead of a regular broadband (50Mbps). So, what changed was the Internet provider, service, and the wi-fi router.

Hello again,try deleting the spotify app and updating your tv's firmware again (menu/support/ update firmware online).

Sadly, updating the firmware and a fresh install didn't work.  

Hello  there!

Mind if I jump in? I'd recommend checking out this post for Smart TV troubleshooting steps. Let me know if that does the trick!

Keep me posted and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I managed to solve the problem. I restored the wi-fi router settings to the default ones, changing its firewall settings from High to Low. The local network is less secure now but at least we all can listen to our songs on TV again. Yay! Thanks for all the comments.

Hey @Louienz!

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
handShake30fps.gif

Suggested posts