Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Subscription

Family Subscription

Hi,

We are trying to start using the family subscription.

First I made a subscription, but my GF is on a plan with a different provider so we figured that she has to be the owner of the family subscription.

Then I canceled everything, and tried to join her invite. But the only option I get is to renew my original subscription.

Do i have to cancel, wait for my payment period to be over and then re-join on the family plan or is there something else that's needs to be done?

There should be some more dialogue boxes or more information on this when trying, when I follow the invite link there is no other information on why I'm not able to join or if I'm not able to join. So there are some improvement that can be done here.

3 Replies

Hey @mnewer.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Just so you know, you don't have to revert to the Free version in order to be able to receive/accept an invite to a Family plan: if you are on standard Premium already, then you will be upgraded immediately to Premium for Family. So, with regard to your question, this shouldn't be a problem.

If you're still experiencing this issue, would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to join the plan? Once we have that, we'll be able to investigate further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi,

It's working now, I waited for the subscription period to end.

After starting a family plan, then canceling this and trying to join a family plan was not working. I was just given the option to re-join on my original made family plan(The plan i canceled). Unfortunately it worked itself out, so i can't provide the screenshots.

It seems like the account subscription is forced over a new external subscription. Seems reasonable since when it took me 1 minute to join the family plan when my subscription expired.

I still have problems posting, see attatchment.

spotify.JPG

Hey there @mnewer,

Thanks for keeping us on the loop.

We're glad to hear that you joined your girlfriend's family plan with no issues. Keep in mind that if you were a plan's owner previously it would explain why you were having troubles joining.

On another note, let us know if the issue posting in the Community persists in an incognito or private window in your browser. If it doesn't, we'd recommend clearing the cache and cookies memory of the browser you're using. 

Further, as you rank up in the Community, you should be able to post without needing to verify with CAPTCHA soon. You can read here more info regarding this.

Hope this helps clarify things!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts