Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account invitation problems...

Solved!

Family account invitation problems...

I have recently purchased a Premium Family Account with Spotify and I am having issues adding my roomates. Once my invitation is sent, they can successfully accept the INVITE CODE, however, when asked to put in the ADDRESS (which we do correctly) Spotify does not accept the invitation. 

How case sensitive is putting in the ADDRESS? How do you see your full address in your account? So far I cannot find a page to even see my full address I originally entered - I want to use this to confirm the address my roomates have entered. 

Information sooner than later will be greatly apprecaited!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have just had a live chat with someone at spotify via the troubleshooting page. She was really helpful. My daughter had to log in to spotify on her own account to be able to accept the invitation. She stayed online while she tried it and we are now up and running. Talking to a real person is always the answer! Good luck to you all!

View solution in original post

55 Replies

Same here, can add my wife and son but not my daughter on her icloud and gmail accounts. She gets the email on her phone, I click the link, up pops the web page but I keep getting 'incorrect username and password.' Help Spotify!

The person I invited was wing asked again and again to key in the invitation code and his perosnal information like his address. It's not working at all. And it's so frustration to get help from the Spotify support team. It kept telling me to go to the FAQ topics and Spotify community. I am tempted to just cancel my Premium Family Plan. If I won't get any concrete answer or resolution to this I might as well cancel my plan. So frustrating!

I have sent an invite to two of my family via e-mail on upgrading last week but nothing has come through to them. Obvs the e-mail addresses I sent to are correct so no need to ask that! Can I resend invites?

Having exactly the same issues.. my sister received an email before Christmas saying she had to put in a postcode to confirm the account which she done but still she lost the account after a month. I haven't been notified of any of this from Spotify. I've tried re adding her but having this exact same issues as you.
I also have two other members who are active and didn't even get asked to enter an address... confused and frustrated!!

Same here, me and one more family member can`t accept an invitation. 

I sorted it out eventually by removing the app, removing the name (email) from spotify family then doing it again. Got there in the end

To the spotify team, if this is your idea of a help page you are a joke.

Same problem. Invitationcode rejected again and again.

And NO help!

SAME HERE

I've got the same problem! Even my cousin enjoyed like two weeks of premium but then she was asked to enter again the adress. We have tried all but it still says "We can not confirm you live in the same home", and I don't even can see the adress I entered before. We need a solution NOW!

My son is in the military, i purchased a family plan for my children and I but my son already had a premium account. He doesnt want to loose his songs already in the playlist because he cant download while he is deployed. Is there anyway for him to keep his account.

On April 22 I entered my spotify account registered by facebook, and I realized that my premium account was not active, and I use it through my mother's family plan. At that moment I went to my mother and requested that she send me the premium account again, when I put the code of the family plan he says that only one step is left before I can use my premium account but when I put my information as address and zip it Says that I can not participate in the premium account, because I do not live in the same address as the main account, and I live. I would like to know how to solve this problem and I paid for the month of April and I am not able to use my spotify account. Note: all my other family members can not log in

I have the same problem. I'm impressed and disappointed that spotify does not have another form of contact.

They do not even respond to community messages about this problem.

The impression it gives is that they do not mind their customers. If you are not satisfied, just cancel your account.

Same here. Upgrade from Premium to Family account. Added the emails from family members, received the emails with 'accept invitation'. After clicking accept invitation I log in followed by the message 'cannot join the Family plan'. And: "Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan.  Please Spotify help to find my 'hidden' account... or to solve this and add me in my family account. 

I have exactly the same problem.....just need to talk to a real person to give us the solution, argh!!

Marked as solution

I have just had a live chat with someone at spotify via the troubleshooting page. She was really helpful. My daughter had to log in to spotify on her own account to be able to accept the invitation. She stayed online while she tried it and we are now up and running. Talking to a real person is always the answer! Good luck to you all!

Where is the troubleshooting page?

Hola.

Mi familia no pudo confirmar la direccion de residencia y fue eliminada de la cuenta premium, aun cuando ingresaron la direccion de nuestro domicilio.

Tampoco yo puedo volver a ver, o editar, o corregir mi dirección de residencia en mi cuenta de titular, por lo que no se si existe un error en ella.

Como puedo estar seguro de que la dirección de mi cuenta titular esta correcta?

I have the same problem , how I can see my address account because my sister was not possible to get premium plan because is not the same address but is the same

what can I do ? in spanish will be better if is possible please

Suggested posts