Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account invitation problems...

Solved!

Family account invitation problems...

I have recently purchased a Premium Family Account with Spotify and I am having issues adding my roomates. Once my invitation is sent, they can successfully accept the INVITE CODE, however, when asked to put in the ADDRESS (which we do correctly) Spotify does not accept the invitation. 

How case sensitive is putting in the ADDRESS? How do you see your full address in your account? So far I cannot find a page to even see my full address I originally entered - I want to use this to confirm the address my roomates have entered. 

Information sooner than later will be greatly apprecaited!! 

55 Replies

My husband has had a spotify account for some time and we decided to upgrade and get the whole family on the same plan. My husband and I have separate email addresses but we share a Facebook account. When I try to follow the Invite link from my email it requests that I sign in via Facebook and then tells me "Sorry" that I already have a spotify account. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Same problem, how can I contact a real person to resolve it?

I have exactly the same problem. Why nobody from Spotify company is providing a solution? It seems to me that this is a massive fraud...

I will wait for three days until a response or compensation...

Hope all this mess is a misunderstanding

I feel the same, my sister and brother always got rejected when they verified their address. Do anyone of you know how to fix this? I really need help 😞

Glad you were able to find a customer service phone number!  Can you share it with me as I am unable to find one.

We have somenthig like that! They say that they can not confirm that we live in the same direction. My brothers are sitting next to me. 

Same problem here in Italy. And no way to solve it. very bad service, i'll switch to Apple Music or deezer. Goodby Spotify

I solved the problem with the help of spotifycares on twitter. Thank you

What to do??? Same issue

Try tweeting to @SpotifyCares https://twitter.com/@spotifycares

Also try emailing support@spotify.com

¿Como puedo hablar con alguien de Spotiy, no logro encontrar apoyo al respecto y mis hijos no se pueden conectar al plan Premium ..... HELP

where did you access to live chat? 

Same here. Have two daughters and husband already using the Family Premium for over a year now. We got the e-mails to confirm the address. Husband did well, both girls were denied and they do live with us! No matter how many times I punch the same zip code, Spotify says it isn´t the same address. Have no idea how to sort this out and could not find a help line here in Brazil. 

I have the exactly same problem! There's no adress in the account and when I accept the invitation and write the right adress, it says that it's not the correct one...

Need a solution!!!

I wrote to spotifycares on twitter and they solved my problem

#- Please type your reply above this line -##

I wrote to spotifycares on twitter

I am facing the problem. I've already tried a lot of solutions but without success.

What I need to do?

I have the same issue and is frustrate because I been paying my family plan and I´m the only one that is able to use it and is not fear, because Spotify is getting money for a service that we not able to use it 100%

Same here, the first one that accepted the invitation worked, the other two were denied because the app could not confirm their address (same postal code). Tried to reach out the Brazilian support via twitter but no reply so far.

Yeah, I hate that.

Suggested posts