Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account invitation problems...

Solved!

Family account invitation problems...

I have recently purchased a Premium Family Account with Spotify and I am having issues adding my roomates. Once my invitation is sent, they can successfully accept the INVITE CODE, however, when asked to put in the ADDRESS (which we do correctly) Spotify does not accept the invitation. 

How case sensitive is putting in the ADDRESS? How do you see your full address in your account? So far I cannot find a page to even see my full address I originally entered - I want to use this to confirm the address my roomates have entered. 

Information sooner than later will be greatly apprecaited!! 

55 Replies

can you please tell us how you were about to find the live chat feature? though my preference would be to talk to a live person and hope for a quick fix.  thank YOU 

My daughter is unable to get my invitation because she does not receive the email from spotify.

Hello, 

I have the same problem with acceptance the invitation to the family:( We are living at the same address, why this is not working correctly? How I can contact with someboady from spotify?

Thanks

Petra

How do you get in touch with a person from spotify? My partner has set up a family account and sent me an invitation, when i accept nothig happens it just takes me back to my home page account without the upgrade to premium. When i try and upgrade it just asks for my credit card details again... so frustrating!!

This makes me hate Spotify!!!   I've spent the better part of my day trying different "solutions" to get my son onto our family spotify account.  Take my money, and leave me to rant, without so much as an email address to get tech support...awesome business plan.  I will cancel Spotify and go with Apple music if I don't get this figured out tonight.  

I feel your pain.... Why make it so difficult?? They promote heavily for you to upgrade and when you do, they taek your money and make it really difficult. I have used apple music and will go back to it also if Spotify don't help resolve the issue. Something tells me they aren't too forth coming on the help front.

Hi,

I went into my spotify account and in help I asked to contact with an agent on line. I wrote a message explaining my problem and sbd answer and help me on line.

Hope this information can be useful for you.

I have just purchased the Premim Family plan. The order confirmation shows up in my account but when I click the "invite" button the screen/page just turns blank. So, there is not invite field to complete, just blackness.

What is this?

//GW

Besides, it appears to be impossible to get direct support from Spotify. They proffer a "Contact us" option but there is no way to actually contact them. That is surprisingly bad (!) and I have no paptience with stuff like that. Either my issue is sorted pronto or I will withdraw my order.

Hi I m inviting my family to my account but they say that my code is not valid !

What should I do?

It's not letting me like this comment, so let's say it all together--Spotify, if this is your idea of a help page, you are a joke.

How did you get someone to chat with you live?

I´m also having troubles with the Family account.

Wife & Son received EMail on 5th January that they need to verify the adress within 7 days and were removed from Spotify Premium today (only 3 days after the mail, not 7)

Furthermore, there is no possibility to see the adress of the main account for Family, nice, if i made a typo or something nobody can join.

This is really annoying, sometimes i can understand people using filesharing, because they dont have all the troubles and pay zero.

Hey, have a Premium Family profile, and invite a member on same addres. The new member cant make her ovn profile... Here is some problem to connect nr. 2.

Contact the Spotify customer support, it takes a few days for reply, but they solved my problem after one week of waiting

It´s still very tedious that you can´t contact them per phone or so and the family system is broken by design.

My roommate sent the invitation to the family account, but it says there is an error even when the address is the correct one

Suggested posts