Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family premium - Multiple Devices

Family premium - Multiple Devices

Hej,

I just got a family premium account since I thought it would give me the possiblity to play on different devices at the same time. For example 1) when we play music over our sonos system in the apartment and 2) when I at the same time work in the office room and listen to music over my headphones. However, this is not possible and one of the devices will still stop. Did I misunderstand something with the family account? Do I need to get subaccounts for this to work?

Best regards,

Malin

5 Replies

Hey @elmlid,

It sounds like all family members are trying to use the same Spotify account to listen to music at the same time. To be able to listen to music at the same time, all family members need to have their own Spotify account. If they don't have a Spotify account yet, they can sign up on http://spoti.fi/2e1FH6k.

You can learn how to invite family members to your Premium for Family plan here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. Still not really sure if it works...

SInce it is only me using the account but on different devices (I phone as well as computer). Do I then need to make myself several accounts and the connect them under the family "Umbrella"? Are all my  unendless amounts of playlists then also shared?

Hey @elmlid,

You don't need to create a seperate account for each of your devices. You only need to create a new account for them if more than one Family member is using it to listen to music on Spotify and doesn't want to log out of your account and log into theirs.

All playlist's are not automatically shared with members of a Premium for Family plan. They would have to follow each playlist manually.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Hej Maxim! Thank you for trying to help me. I do not think you understand my dilemma. I am the only one with an account. However, I want to be able to listen to music on different devices at the same time. For example that there is a cooking playlist running from my iphone on the ground floor of the house where my guests are hanging out. And then I can still work upstairs in the office and listen to a work playlist on my headphones through the computer. Both devices  are using my account on spotify and I have extended my account to a family to be able to do this.

So my question is, can I, with the family account or another solution, listen to MY own account on different devices at the same time?

Ah ok. You unfortunately can't listen on more than one device at a time when only using one account. You would have to create an account for each device so you can stream music at the same time.
MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts