Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Girlfriend was kicked from Spotify family. Address verification gives Errorcode 3.

Girlfriend was kicked from Spotify family. Address verification gives Errorcode 3.

My girlfriend (we live together) got kicked out of our Spotify family plan. She probably didn't see the address verification email or something. Afterwards I re-invited her with the same email address. When she enters her name and address, she gets an error each time telling her "something went wrong".

Please reenable us to use the service again, that we're paying for.

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂
Having no spotify premium isn't cool! Usually these kind of things happen, because of your web browsers cache. So try doing the following things:

Try opening the link in a private/incognito tab.
If that doesn't work, change browser and clear both browsers cache.
Lastly if that doesn't work either, try opening the link on another device, that should do the trick!

Tell me how things work out 🙂

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rising Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Hi,

I have the same issue. My mother and my father who both live with me missed the email and got kicked out, even though they both had entered the same address as me. Now when I invite them again they both get error 3. I tried it in all browsers, cache cleared and on multiple mobile phones but the error persists. Any help, please ?

Thank you in advance.

Exact same problem,but its my kids accounts. Error 3...

Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply, but sadly the only effect that has was that it took a bit longer to get the error, and the error code was "undefined" instead of 3.

Hi, i already found a solution just got help from customer service couple minutes ago! first of all check if your email adress on your spotify acc and your facebook user has the same email, second of all make sure the email adress youre using doesnt have a spotify account from before! i also got kicked out from my family plan because i changed my email and the email didnt matched my spotify email adress! Check properly does your adress match, does your email that youre using on spotify matches the email you have f.example on ur facebook user or any other users! and the email adress youre using right now does it have an old acc? check if you have, if you have go to customer service and ask to delete it and fix it!

Thanks for this answer, although this won't resolve my issue, and I wasn't the one who accepted this as a solution to the question I asked. 

First of all neither of our accounts are tied to Facebook, although I guess the rest more of less still applies. 

Yes. my girlfriend already has an account tied to her email address. She wants to keep using the account that she's been using and cultivating for 2 years and that has been previously tied to my family plan. 

What I need is Spotify to enable me to add her existing account back to the plan. The easy way seems to be for her to create a new one, but that's not what I want. 

How can I get in direct contact with Spotify customer service, when I don't have a Facebook account?

Please don't feel that I'm bashing on you or your answer. It gave me lot of insight into what might be going on. 

In this case your account is "blocked". As you said, try contacting SpotifyCares through either of these:

Tell them what's going on and your username and they'll solve it! 🙂

Just beware that it may indeed take up to 3 days for them to answer
Cheers!
If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rising Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Suggested posts