Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Never used Student Discount

Never used Student Discount

Hello Spotify Community,

I recently created this new account due to the fact that my older account was tied to an email and facebook I no longer used. I had actually closed the yahoo account associated with the older spotify account a while back.

With that said, I did not want to hold access to an account that did not have a valid email and a facebook I did not use, thus I created this new account to start fresh and use my personal email.

My issue is now that when I was validating my student information, Spotify did not allow me to choose which account I wanted to proceed with and it automatically chose my older account which I had planned to stop using. Thinking since I didnt make the premium purchase using the discount, I could try again on my new account. (I signed out of all my accounts and then tried the student discount link with just my new account signed in) However, I kept getting an error along the lines of "Student discount is tied to another account."

So my question is: Even if I never made the purchase using my student discount on my older account, I cant use the student discount on my new account ?

Is there anything I can do? Thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text... any insight is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Hey there @xJhoan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Keep in mind that you are entitled to only one account with the student discount at a time, and that discount lasts for 12 months even if you cancel the subscription or close the account.

In this instance, we'd suggest reaching out to us by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Please note that if you've closed the old account that the discount is applied to, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts