Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with Families and countries

Solved!

Problems with Families and countries

Today I came across a problem of setting up my family account with my girlfriend.

We both live in Denmark, but I am Portuguese and she is Danish. My paypal account is setup for Portugal because you can't change it.

When I was trying to setup the family package, I tried to use paypal to pay for it. But even thought I was using my danish credit card through paypal it kept saying I had to change my country to Portugal. 

I didn't know that to setup family we needed to be in the same country. So I accepted changing country.

When I tried to add my girlfriend to the account it said she was not in same country as me. So I changed my payment method to my danish card and changed country again. And tried again to add her but it kept saying we were not in the same country.

So I decided to try it the other way around. I cancelled my subscription and started the family subscription on her account. paid with her danish card and tried to add myself as a family member.

But when I tried that, it said I was already a Family subscriber user and couldn't participate in hers.

Can somebody help. I just wanted to cancel my subscription and use her family account. I dont mind losing my paypal payment for the portuguese family account.

But now we have 2 family accounts that we are not using.

Best regards,

Andre

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andreorvalho,

You'll have to wait until your current subscription has ended before you can join her Premium for Family plan. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @andreorvalho,

You'll have to wait until your current subscription has ended before you can join her Premium for Family plan. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts