Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Revisiting old subject that was never resolved...

Revisiting old subject that was never resolved...

Back in June I tried to get my family to join my family plan.   The issue was  when I went to add my daughter and wife to my plan (they already had individual free accounts).   They received the invitations but when they accepted it they were added to another person's family plan.

I have the family Plan here in the United States.

My Question or Issue

So when when my family member receives the invitation it says and they click on the link to accept the invitation, the spotify page comes up on the browser but the top line says "Congratulations.  You are about to join the family plan of Mario Rossi."  Well I am not Mario Rossi and I don't know who he is.   

How do I get this fixed?   Can someone from Spotify contact me again and lets get this resolved.  

Here is a link to the original post that I guess aged out as I never got notified of the replies.  

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Premium-for-Family-Student/Tried-to-add-wife-daughter-to-my-family-...

Thanks,

Chris

4 Replies

Ok how do I get help on this topic from someone who works at Spotify?  Is there a support link or email address?    Kinda frustrating....

I hear you. I had the same issue with trying to add my son to my family plan. Waited since September and tried to contact them via Twitter as well. Both here and Twitter support stated that my issue was being looked at and to be patient.

Anyhow I cancelled my subscription and hopefully there isnt an issue with that either.

Good luck to you!

Lovely...   Spotify support really sucks.   They definitely have an issue with database lookups and account association with family stuff.  Someone at spotify with real technical understanding and knowledge needs to look at this please.   

Hey @gascantx.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Once a name and address is registered in an account, you won't be able to change it. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts