Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Simultaneous listening on Family Plan

Simultaneous listening on Family Plan

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Mac / iPhone users

My Question or Issue

Can anyone provide step-by-step guidance on how two family account users in the same home can log in and listen to diifferent tracks at the same time? Currently, when we attempt this, we bump each other; it seems only one person can listen at once. Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey @60-Something! No worries! It sounds like you're trying to listen to music on the same account at the same time. The Spotify Premium for Family allows you (as the account owner) to invite upt to 5 other accounts to join your family plan for not additional cost (as long as you are, in fact, on the premium for family plan). So each person wanting to use Spotify will have to create their own account, which you as the account owner will invite to join so that each person can have their own premium account! You can find more information about how the premium for family plan works here

Hey @60-Something, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

One great thing about Premium for Family is that everyone on the plan has their own, unique Premium account, and all the payments come to the owner, for one price.

It seems like you guys are all logged into the same account, hence why you guys can't listen to music at the same time. If the members in your plan currently don't have an account with Spotify, please make them signup here. If they already have an account, they should be able to link it to your plan.

There's more info on Premium for Family here.

I hope that helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts