Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family error after accepting invite

Solved!

Spotify Family error after accepting invite

Hi,

My sister has been having problems accepting my Spotify Family invite. On my account, it is registered as Active, however on her side, she still has ads playing and a red error bar coming up saying "Unable to join this Family plan. Try again by clicking ACCEPT INVITE button in your email. If that doesn't work, ask the plan owner to send over another invite." And I have already resent the invite many times.

The only catch is that she is overseas for a short trip now in the neighbouring country but her spotify has always been in the same region.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There can be many reasons why the verification failed. It's likely because of the stay abroad, in this case.

As mentioned before, I'd recommend that they try it again when they're back home.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Jonsie,

Thanks for reaching out.

All members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address. I'd recommend telling her to try it again when she's home (at the same address) again 🙂

Thanks, and let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

That doesn't make sense then if Spotify pings to your location and not the house address you enter when you can be staying at the house for years but only get invite when on a 2 month business trip, and that's when it doesn't work?
Marked as solution

There can be many reasons why the verification failed. It's likely because of the stay abroad, in this case.

As mentioned before, I'd recommend that they try it again when they're back home.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts