Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Redeem Student Discount in Switzerland

Solved!

Unable to Redeem Student Discount in Switzerland

Hello!

I've been using Spotify for a long time and consider switching to Premium. I'm currently a student in Switzerland, and wanted to redeem the advertised 50% student discount. When I select this offer (before processing to the payment), Spotify asks me to log in with their partner (Unidays). I had beforehand created an account on this website, also registered in Switzerland with my student's details.

And now, I get a message explaining that this discount isn't avalaible in my country! What really upsets me about this situation is that you promote this discount on numerous pages (including this one this one) that are precisely hosted on the swiss part of your website!

I would like you to consider that this is false advertising, which is liable by law (at least in the US). May you therefore please inform Unidays they should extend their discount to the countries you mention on your website, or remove the associated pages you host concerning this discount?

In case this is a bug, or that anyone was able to redeem this discount in Switzerland, please let me know!

Thanks very much for taking this into consideration.

Screenshot from 2018-02-23 23-21-23.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

When you see the UNiDAYS verification page, it usually means that your account's country setting is either set to Germany or the United Kingdom.

Can you please make sure that it's set to CH at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

When you see the UNiDAYS verification page, it usually means that your account's country setting is either set to Germany or the United Kingdom.

Can you please make sure that it's set to CH at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts