Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Understanding Spotify Premium for Family

Understanding Spotify Premium for Family

Hey there! 

If you're struggling to understand what Spotify Premium for Family is, don't worry. The Spotify Premium for Family plan allows up to 6 people residing at the same address to all be upgraded to Spotify Premium at only a fraction of the cost of upgrading all accounts individually. Only one person, the plan owner, is charged per month and has complete control over who's in their plan - they can add and remove people from the plan at anytime from their account settings.

What's really important to know is that you can add people who aren't in your family, as long as they live at the same address! How cools that?!?

If you're a plan owner, you just need to know your housemates' email addresses to add them to the Spotify Premium for Family plan! Want out? No problem, you can cancel anytime under your account subscription page. Keep in mind that you'll need to wait 12 months before you can join another Premium for Family plan, and it'll need to be based at the same address.

If you have any questions, just create a new thread and the community and Rock Stars will be running to your side 🏃‍♂️

6 Replies

Awesome post Tim! It helps clear things up 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I have a Premium for Family account. I'm the owner of the account and I've added my wife as an user. The problem we have is that if my wify is listening to her playlist and I start-up Spotify on my laptop and select one of my own playlists this playlist is also started on my wifes phone. I've treid all sort of things but nothing seems to help. How  can we listen to our own playlists at the same time? That is the whole idea behind the Family account, right?

Thanks in advance,

Mateusz

Hey there @mbaransk,

It sounds like your wife and yourself are both using the same account here. Rather her or yourself will need to create a new account (https://www.spotify.com/signup) then be added to the Spotify Premium for Family plan by inviting the email address that was signed up with at https://www.spotify.com/family/overview 🙂 There's some more info on this here: https://support.spotify.com/article/premium-for-family/ 

Let me know if this helps!

That is a helpful reply 🙂

I should bookmark this for future reference.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had a Premium account and my wife and son signed up for a free account, i then got Spotify for Family and invited them but they still cant listen to their own music on ipad and phone while i'm listening to music on my phone, it just shows with continue listening on this device or listen on other device.

It doesnt seem like this Spotify for Family subscription works, and i'm paying for it.

Hey there @drogen_omen! If you need a hand with anything, just create a new post over in the Subscriptions board, and I'll come running over to help 🏃‍♂️

Suggested posts