Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade to Premium for Family not working

Upgrade to Premium for Family not working

Plan:  Premium/Upgraded to Premium for Family

Device: iPhone 7

Operating System:  iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue:  I upgraded yesterday to Premium for Family -- on my phone, subscription still shows as just Premium -- and Premium for Family features are not working (only one family member at a time can control).  Checking my account online shows subscription as Premium for Family and I have email confirmation on the Family upgrade.  Deleted/re-downloaded app but that did not help.  What do I need to do to have Premium for Family functionality activated?

5 Replies

Hey @8c-oz1d2_0v9u, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear this.

Yes, if you have Premium for Family, you still have your Premium benefits, you can just add 5 more people onto your plan (up to 6 total). You can learn more about this here.

I hope that clarifies things! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks— yes, understood, Main issue is that, even though my family members have been invited and accepted, the Premium for Family functionality is not working — when one is using the account, the next one to hit the app kicks the previous person off. Not sure if the Premium for Family functionality won’t kick in until the next billing cycle or if something else requires trouble-shooting. A bit stumped - if this prompts any other thoughts thanks for advising!

@8c-oz1d2_0v9u.

Thanks for the info! So it seems like you guys are using the same account. 

One great thing about having Premium for Family is that everyone on the plan has their own account w/ their Premium features, so that there isn’t any tantrums.

If the other members don’t have an account, they can sign up here. If they already have an account with Spotify; and with Premium, future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

I hope that helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi again and thanks for the additional info, So if I understand correctly, each of my four family members who are to be covered under my Premium for Family plan must also sign up for their own individual Spotify accounts in order to link those to my plan for for the plan functionality to become active. Do I have that right?

Thank you — Pete

@8c-oz1d2_0v9u.

Thanks for the reply! 

The Premium for Family plan is already active (once you pay, etc), and everyone on the plan can listen to music at once, when they link the accounts to your plan (inviting them).

So, yes that is correct 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts