Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

connecting to family pemium from another country

Solved!

connecting to family pemium from another country

My Issue:

Hello there,

So my issue is that I'm in a longer trip abroad (couple of months) and my family decided to update a family premium after I left. However, I already changed my country, and as a consecuense, I can't join my family premium. Does somebody know how we could fix this, because I haven't moved from there, only gone for a longer trip. And one reason they updated family premium was me... 😞

Plan

Free->Family Premium

Device: Chromebook

Operating System: Windows 10? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @berryboijer,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to join your family's plan while you're abroad and your country settings are set to a different country. Keep in mind that all members of a Premium for Family subscription must live at the same address. 

However, once you've returned and updated your country settings, you should be able to join your family's plan with no issues.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @berryboijer,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to join your family's plan while you're abroad and your country settings are set to a different country. Keep in mind that all members of a Premium for Family subscription must live at the same address. 

However, once you've returned and updated your country settings, you should be able to join your family's plan with no issues.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi there,

I started my premium account in Israel (where I live with my family). I am now in Hong Kong for work and stuck here because of Corona. I recently upgraded my account to Premium Family while still in Hong Kong, but my account still has my country as Israel (the place where I opened the account and where I normally live). When I sent my wife and son an invitation to join the family account they get a message saying that they're in a different country even though they are in the country and address that is on the account - Israel. How can this be fixed?

Thank you 

Hello there, 

Im having the exact same issue, the problem is that Spotify sets your country based off the payment method you use. You cannot change countries unless u change the payment method. My country is set to Italy, but I am currently living in Greece, I have no payment method tied to Greece that I can use, and even when I put a Italian address to connect my family get the same error message. Is there any other way to connect my family without changing payment methods?

Suggested posts