Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

family premium & activated giftcard months

family premium & activated giftcard months

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade to family premium, but I have 11 months of giftcard time still left (premium expires in 1/7/2018), I obviously don't want to pay twice and couldn't find the answer, so I'd like to know what happens to the remaining already paid months? I would be using family premium with 5 people.

2 Replies

Hey @raty!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

As stated in our Terms and Conditions, it’s not currently possible to pay for a Premium for Family plan using a gift/e-card. 

However, we totally understand your frustration, and we don’t want to see you miss out, so we’ve devised a temporary workaround for you.

If you apply the gift card to your current Premium subscription, then upgrade your account to Premium for Family directly after, the value of the gift card will be automatically converted to your new Premium for Family plan. 

That’s it! We appreciate your understanding and hope you find this workaround useful.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi so I have a similar circumstance... I'm trying to use the gift card I just applied to my account within 5 minutes ago to then upgrade to premium but it asks me to enter my card details, and there is no clear way for me to use the method you have suggested... thank you

Suggested posts