Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Abo issues

Abo issues

Hello Spotify Team,

I am contacting you with the following problem. I have subscribed to a premium account and share it in the family subscription with my wife. However, we have now received repeated requests from you to verify the address. If my wife do it so via the link in the mail, she receive an error message each time that she can no longer follow the family subscription and will be deleted from the premium account. Last time I took out the subscription again. then it worked for about one month and now we have the same annoyance again. this is absolutely not customer-oriented and annoying. we have changed from Apple Music to your service provider Spotify and have constantly only annoyed with the subscription use. Therefor I ask you now to fix the problem immediately, otherwise we see ourselves forced to cancel the subscription completely.

6 Replies

Hey, @beez89 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you try to remove her from the Family plan and then invite her again? Just to check if the issue persists or doesn't.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

We have tried this several times, there is always an error message that the user can't join the family

Hey again, @beez89 

So, could you check if the user you're trying to add to your Family had been part of another family plan already two times this year?

And please check out this article below and check if anything can help you on it:

Just to emphasize:

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscriptionwith them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

We already had the bug before and so I created a new family account and invited the account again.

So, that's the point. The user you're trying to invite now isn't able to enter in your Family plan because she was part of two other family plans this year. So your wife won't be able to enter this plan now.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Dear spotify Team,

Thank you very much for your answer. But now my wife had her own subscription and cancelled it to join my family group. She acquired me as a new customer.
She was also registered with you at that time with a different address and a different e-mail address.
I pay monthly for a Premium Family Subscription and can Not use it as I want. If this is not possible we are forced to cancel this subscription as well.
Please activate the account for my wife again, so that she can join my family group.

Suggested posts