Free/Premium

Country 

Honduras

Device

Galaxy S 5

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I live in Honduras and one of my friends that I live with upgraded to the Family Premium Plan and invited me to be a part of it. He doesn't have an address linked to his account and he wasn't requested to input one when he created his account or when he upgraded to Premium, so when I was asked for my address as verification when I accepted the invitation, we had no idea what to input. The address for his credit card is in the U.S. and the address that we live at now is in the mountains and isn't a clear-cut address. I tried the address of the card in the States, but it didn't work- probably because my account is a Honduran one- and then I tried to add what I have of the address we live at now with no luck. There is no space in his account to update his address. So I'm wondering, is there some strange quirk with Premium accounts in other countries? What can I do about this?

3 Replies

Hey there @kelsea_danielle, maybe I can help you here!

When the Spotify Premium for Family plan owner sends the first invite to another user to join the plan, they're asked for their own address which is stored to the account. If your friend has ever been in a Spotify Premium for Family plan before, Spotify would have used that plan address and hence, your friend would not have been prompted to enter a new address. If this is the case, your friend will need to cancel the Premium for Family planSign Out Everywherecreate a new accountstart a new Premium for Family plan on that account. They'll then be prompted to enter their address again 🙂 There's some more info on this here: https://support.spotify.com/article/change-address/

Let me know if this helps!

Hi, thank you for your reply. That would make sense except he's never had the Premium plan before, this is his first time. He may be open to deleting his account and trying again, but then he would lose all his music, correct?

Thanks for checking, @kelsea_danielle!

If your friend creates a new account, they can bring across their saved tracks and playlists etc by:

• making all playlists public
  • copying all saved songs into a public playlist
  • following or making copies of every playlist on the new account
  • copying the saved songs playlist into the saved songs on the new account

They will, however, lose their followers and whoever they're following 🙂 I think it would be best if he created a new account here.

Suggested posts