Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Added On Premium Duo Is Not Premium

Account Added On Premium Duo Is Not Premium

Hi,

I just upgraded my account to spotify premium duo so my mom could start listening to her music. She has never had a spotify account before, so once I changed my premium account to premium duo, I created a spotify account for her. 

Before I created an account for my mom, I used the link that was provided by spotify for the duo account in order for the other account (my mom) to have premium. By using this link I also created my mom's account using her email address. Her account is linked to my account and on the spotify premium duo tab on my account, I see her account. 

THE PROBLEM IS, her account is not premium. I'm not sure how this is possible, but please let me know how I can make her account premium even though it is part of my spotify premium duo account? Mind you, I changed my account to Duo an hour ago, so maybe it takes a bit for it to register?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

My device is iphone 11, my mom's is iphone 6

1 Reply

Hey @kevindroniak!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

To get her Premium features your mother will need to log out and in again to sync things up. If she still has trouble, we'd recommend changing her password here and giving this a shot again.

If this doesn't help, it's possible that you she has 2 accounts with us that are causing this confusion. You can take a look at this page to see how to locate secondary Spotify accounts.

We hope this info helps. Keep us posted on how it goes!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts