Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add a family member to 12 months prepaid premium plan

Add a family member to 12 months prepaid premium plan

Plan: Premium

I have a premium plan paid for 12 months (until end of Dec 2018) benefitting getting two months for free.

How can start a family plan (add a family member to existing premium plan) without being subject to the 'normal' pricing for family plan which currently is 149 SEK/month.

5 Replies

Hi @mr_swede and welcome to the Community! 🙂
When you sign up for the Family plan, this will immediately convert your subscription/rate to the new cost.
However, since you have already paid for a year, that balance will be applied to the new rate and you will see your next renewal date is moved forward. Once that balance is used, you would then be charged at the ongoing Family rate.

Hope this helps and have a great day! 🙂

Thanks for your response!

You mention "new rate"; what is that rate?

What will my cost be for "Premium + Family plan" for the remaining Premium plan period until Dec 2018 and ongoing after Dec 2018? 

Hi again @mr_swede ! 🙂
I am not for sure what the family plan cost is in Sweden since it always varies by country. Here in the US it is $9.99 for standard single user Premium and $14.99 for the Family plan.
If you choose to upgrade your account to the Family one, the new cost should be shown to you at sign up and would take effect the day you switch. Your new renewal date would then also be shown on your account page. 
I hope this a bit more helpful and that you have a wonderful day! 🙂

Thank you for this feedback. While this is valuable, I would personally like to be able to go ahead and register for a full year for a family plan. One use case, for example, is giving my brother and his family a year subscription as a Christmas or birthday gift. This is slightly cheapened by having to only be able to give 8 months instead of a full year. Thank you!

Hey there @Ephraim89,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

As @Bethany_Dawn mentioned, it's not possible to prepay for a year of Premium Family.

However, as a workaround, if you prepaid for a year of Premium Individual, you can always upgrade to Premium Family after that. Due to the price difference of the two plans, keep in mind that your next billing date will be earlier than it should. There's information about this in this Spotify Answer and a useful solution in another Community thread that might be helpful.

On another note, if seeing a yearly Premium Family subscription is something you'd like to see, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea. We'd also recommend subscribing to it to stay up to speed on any updates we have to pass on.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts