NEXT STEP

Add family membrer - wrong country?

Add family membrer - wrong country?

premium family

Country

Luxemburg/Sweden

Device

ipad

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I switched from premium to family premium and sent the invitation to my husband. He enters the same adress but gets the reply that its not the right country! I have Swedish account, but we live in Luxembourg. This was never a problem, I use a Swedish card. I entered our Lux address when I switched to family premium and that was ok. But now, apparently we cant add a family member. What can I do?

1 Reply

Hey there @ranarp72

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

After sending an invite to a family member they must enter the same address you provided in the Family plan. If you live in Luxembourg you must change the country setting in your Spotify account from Sweden to Luxembourg.

To do this, you must update the payment method in your account to one available in your current country of residence. On the next payment date Spotify will charge you through the new payment method. Then the country in your account will automatically be changed to Luxembourg. After that you can change the address you've set in your Spotify account. 

Once you've updated the country and address details, you can send the invite to your husband and he'll accept it successfully. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts