Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding a familily member - not working

Solved!

Adding a familily member - not working

Over the last week or so I have tried to add a family member. I add the emaill and go the redeem code. When going to the email and pressing the box it takes me to the log in page or the credit card page. I have tried deleting the request and re-adding the request, agian nothing happens. I have tried requesting on one computer and the opening the emial on another computer. Still the same happens.

Can someone help me as I have a 11 year old boy who really wants his own Spotify account now.

Thanks in anticipation!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Colin11,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

It's intended behavior that the invite link redirects you to the login page. On the login page, the family member needs to log into their own account in order to accept the invite 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @nikzane,

They need to log into their own Spotify account using their username/email and password on the login page. The invite code is not the password 🙂

If they don't have an account yet, they'll need to sign up at https://spotify.com/signup first.

MaximSpotify Star

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Colin11,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

It's intended behavior that the invite link redirects you to the login page. On the login page, the family member needs to log into their own account in order to accept the invite 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks it worked

Appreciate the speedy help and response

Hi, I did this and followed instructions in this thread but it isn't working for me. My invited user clicks the "accept invitation" link in the email, which then takes you to Spotify's standard username/password login page. We tried the "invite code" as the password but that (unsurprisingly) didn't work.

The message in the email simply says "Please visit this page to log in, or sign up to Spotify and then upgrade your account to Premium". That seems not to be the case.

I can attach screenshots of the emails, but they contain the unique invite codes, which I'm sure isn't advisable.

Marked as solution

Hey @nikzane,

They need to log into their own Spotify account using their username/email and password on the login page. The invite code is not the password 🙂

If they don't have an account yet, they'll need to sign up at https://spotify.com/signup first.

MaximSpotify Star

That worked, thank you Maxim. (I'm sure we tried that last night!)

Suggested posts