Adding a family member does not work

Highlighted

Adding a family member does not work

user-removed
Not applicable

When I invite a new family member and I click the link in the email. Spotify's reaction is Incorrect username or password. I tried 3 new login mails. But nothing works. Anyone a suggestion?

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

(iOS 12.1)

My Question or Issue

Login does not work 

3 Replies

Re: Adding a family member does not work

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are you trying to invite your family members to your plan? 

If so, first keep in mind that each family member needs to have their own Spotify account. To invite them to your plan, you'll need to follow the steps below:

1. Make sure you're logged in to your own Spotify account that is the owner of the plan. Then, head to your account page.
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Click SEND INVITE.
  4. Enter the email address of the person you want to invite and click SEND INVITE. A confirmation email will be sent to you when they accept the invite and are added to the plan.

If you're having troubles logging in to your account, you can follow the steps here

On another note, your family members will need to follow the steps below, logged in to their own accounts. If they're accepting your invite from the same device you've sent them the invitation, make sure to log out of your Spotify account first. Alternatively, each can open an incognito or private window in your browser and follow the steps to accept the invitation. 

To join a Premium for Family plan:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Let us know how you get on :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

cinquesettembre

hello

when i go to the profile page there's no link to a page where i can invite my family members.

Hey @cinquesettembre.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you would like to invite family members, be sure to log in with the administrators account. Only from this account can you invite family members. If you are not sure which account subscribed, check the email we send out at the beginning of a subscription as it will contain the username that was used. Try a different web-browser if it's still not working.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS