Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding a family member does not work

Adding a family member does not work

When I invite a new family member and I click the link in the email. Spotify's reaction is Incorrect username or password. I tried 3 new login mails. But nothing works. Anyone a suggestion?

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

(iOS 12.1)

My Question or Issue

Login does not work 

29 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are you trying to invite your family members to your plan? 

If so, first keep in mind that each family member needs to have their own Spotify account. To invite them to your plan, you'll need to follow the steps below:

1. Make sure you're logged in to your own Spotify account that is the owner of the plan. Then, head to your account page.
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Click SEND INVITE.
  4. Enter the email address of the person you want to invite and click SEND INVITE. A confirmation email will be sent to you when they accept the invite and are added to the plan.

If you're having troubles logging in to your account, you can follow the steps here

On another note, your family members will need to follow the steps below, logged in to their own accounts. If they're accepting your invite from the same device you've sent them the invitation, make sure to log out of your Spotify account first. Alternatively, each can open an incognito or private window in your browser and follow the steps to accept the invitation. 

To join a Premium for Family plan:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

hello

when i go to the profile page there's no link to a page where i can invite my family members.

Hey @cinquesettembre.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you would like to invite family members, be sure to log in with the administrators account. Only from this account can you invite family members. If you are not sure which account subscribed, check the email we send out at the beginning of a subscription as it will contain the username that was used. Try a different web-browser if it's still not working.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I have a similar problem. There is no invite link. I am the Plan Manager and logged in. It says that I have 3 accounts available. I can't click on that to add either and nowhere else is there an invite link. What to do?

Hi there @Jlou1969,

Thanks for your post.

Try opening this link. In there you should see a big blue button that reads: "Add to Family Plan" after you click it you should get a link generated, that you can send to your family members.

Let us know if that works for you.

It should look like this:

AlexModerator

Hi my name is Chelsea,

Can anyone possibly help me, I am also having trouble trying to add someone to my family pack. It let's them click on link go through all the process then at the end after confirming the address it then just comes up with 'There was a problem please try again later' I have let it a good couple of hours tried again and still doesn't work. Please can someone help me with my issue atm I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you 

Hey @Chelseals07,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you've tried quite a bit of troubleshooting so far, but there a few steps left that we can try - could your family member try accepting their invite on a different device?  We usually recommend using an incognito window as it doesn't keep that info saved.

Also if either you or them is using a VPN, we'd recommend switching that off to finish the process. 

Your family member can also try logging out of their account page here and log back in when the invitation link asks them to in order to make sure everything is synced up.
If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

I cannot add my family members!!!!

Hey @HeartNP,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know what error messages you're receiving when you try adding family members? We'll do our best to help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I can't add a family member, No invite link available to click, Can't confirm the address apparently my complete address is still "too general" FIX THIS PLEASE!

Hey there @22wdx3ryng7jtsp4fzv

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Keep in mind that if your address doesn't autocomplete, you need to enter the entire address, then select Find. If you still can’t find it, select your building, street name, or a close public space or building. Just don't use someone else's address.

On another note, we suggest that you try entering the address from an incognito window and using a different internet connection.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Alex. I’m jumping onto this thread as I’ve clicked on your link and am signed in etc and I’m the plan manager but there’s no blue box with add to family plan and also there’s no column to the right with my address.  Are you able to help pls. Thanks 

Hi there @1111679628,

Thanks for the post.

Depending on where you are, the Account Page - Premium Family tab might look like this on PC:

If you have this layout, you can click on the link on the right hand-side, or select one of the messanger/ whatsapp/ email options. 

If you're not seeing any of this, it means that you're not logged in the Manager account. You can check the your email inbox for any messages and monthly bills from Spotify. You'll find these in the email address inbox of the Manger account. If you don't see any, this means that you're most likely logged in a member account.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

I have Family plan. The acount of my family member is adder (and confirmed as family member). Unfortunatly the acount acts like a free memberships(ads, and slip of songs). Don't get it.. 

Hey @CriscrisA,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

It is possible your family member has logged in to a free account. This could be the reason why they can't see the Premium service. We suggest they check the details of the account they've logged in with these steps from a mobile device:

1. Go to Home.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. If the account is Premium, at the top of settings, they can see the email linked to their account (if any). If the account is free, they'll see it as well there.

If they aren’t certain about the details they used to register in the app, better go to password reset and enter all the possible email addresses they own. When you enter an email that's registered with Spotify, you'll get a password reset message for that email.

Note: Keep in mind there are a few ways to sign up, e.g. with email, phone number, Facebook, Apple, or Google. You can suggest them to try logging in with these, their Premium account (the one they used to join your plan) may be linked to one of these options as well.

Lastly, just to confirm, are they encountering ads while listening to music or when listening to podcasts? If this happens with podcasts, we'd like you to know, podcasts usually include some advertising. This has been the case since the early days of podcasts, and continues to be true today, including on Spotify. Therefore, even as a Premium user, you may receive advertising or sponsored messages when playing a podcast. Note that as a Premium user, you still enjoy an ad-free music listening experience.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

hi im trying to add a family member to the family plan and there is no add family member button anywhere i am the owner of the plan and i have made sure to be signed to the right account.
i have read all the previous messages and done what they have done but the result is the same there is no add family member button/prompt anywhere on the account page on the spotify website i am also doing this on a pc. if this can be fixed that would be great thank you 

Hey @tony991,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

When the option to manage the Premium Family subscription is not displayed in a user's account page, it's because the account is not the plan owner, but a joined member. In these types of cases, we'd recommend checking with the other family members to see which of them has the options to manage the plan.

Keep in mind that the plan owner cannot be changed between users. If you want to be the owner of your plan, you'll need to cancel the current plan and start a new one directly from your account. However, take into account that any account can only join 2 group plans per year. This means that if you start your own plan, you'll need to make sure all users have not been joined to more than one plan in the last 12 months to avoid any joining issues.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator

Hi guys, I have the same issue, couldn't add my brother's account to my premium plan.

I can provide you with the account information and the invite link so you could help me and check the logs and discover why adding failed?

THank you

Hey @Jeromejr,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Please, don't share any account information as this is a public forum and the information is then exposed to everyone.

Do you see any error messages? This you can share.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts