Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Address search not working

Address search not working

My Question or Issue

I'm being prompted to add an address to continue using Premium Family.  When taken to the address page, the search feature is not working.  I get a message that it does not recognize my address just a few characters into typing. Even upon full completion of the entry, it still says it doesn't recognize it.  

******UPDATE*****9-17-19******

Worked for me this morning - Chrome on Mac OS, US address.  Whether its fixed for good or not is unclear as the last update I saw was "working on it."  

30 Replies

This is completely unacceptable. You say you're aware of the problem, but you haven't done a single **bleep** thing to fix it. We're paying for this service. When are you going to get off your **bleep** and solve the issue?

Intenta con edge

I am also being prompted to add my address, and then there is a pop up that says there was an error and to try again.

I logged in in Chrome, Firefox, and I cleared my cache, and still can't.

Anyone else have any ideas? I want to add my son to my family account that I'm paying for, but can't until this is done...I guess??

Capture.PNG

Hey @nbentley4,

Thanks for asking for help! 

Here's what you can try next:

• Entering the address in an Incognito Window.
  • Doing it from a different device.
  • Another Internet connection. 
  • If the above don't work, wait 24 hours and try again.

Let us know how it goes! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It's (still?) not working. I also got an error on my screen. Apparently this underlaying url is not available (HTTP 405 error): https://www.spotify.com/nl/home-hub/api/v1/family/address/verify/. Any thoughts?
When I'm not logged in I get an authentication error, but that's not surprising.

Hey there @marinovdh,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

You can ask the Premium Family plan manager to resend you an invitation link. If you get the same error, give it a go with a private/incognito browser or on another device. That should do the trick.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

not working for me.. in fact it FINDS a variation of my address using google but then says its 'too vague' after i choose it ??? and to pick a building nearby?? how stupid.. i'm rural.. there is NO building 'nearby'.  Furthermore, google puts me in an entirely different town (as its crowd sourced info and some twit keeps 'correcting' the map to the town 5 km away).  So thanks to that, now it shows the 'wrong town', and the page doesn't even accept either my legal address or my postal address.  Furthermore... spotify HAS my address for billing purposes .. so why this nonsense??

oh i tried incognito

and it keeps saying "That address is too general. Try including a building number."

however there IS a house # there.. and a town, and a province and postal code, and country.

It's a bit annoying that something as simple as finding an address is getting errors these days. I'm a web developer myself so I know what can go wrong and how bad it is to deal with all kinds of situations like browser and physical locations.

The error I got was in Google Chrome and I also use several extensions with it. Incognito mode I already tried but didn't help. 

Just now I tried it in Microsft Edge and now it does work! Hooray. But after this I tried in Chrome again and IT ALSO WORKS??? This seems like a bugfix to me.

Anyway, it already cost me too much time now so I'll be fine wih it now. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@ciara_belle, could you let us know if the address search is also working for you now or you're still experiencing issues with that.

If so, have you tried using Microsoft Edge like @marinovdh suggested?

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My searh feature does not appear on my menu and I have no selection from search

Hey @8w9y8jg29ikptaawindk,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you? 

If you still can't see search feature even after restarting, it might be a good idea to try performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing troubles.

In case the issue persists, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your phone and test this out to see if they'll experience the same behavior? Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Keep us posted on how you get on, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts