Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhoneX, iPhone 6s, iPad Mini, iPad Pro

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1, Windows10

My Question or Issue

My 2 Echo Dots are not showing up as Spotify Connect devices when I link one of my family member Spotify accounts. Actually these two Echo Dots are not shown in Spotify app from my family member devices.

When I change the setup in Alexa to link it to my Spotify Family Premium main account, then the Echo Dots are showing up in my Spotify app (signed in from my iPhone, iPad, Windows 10 laptop). But when signing in the Spotify app using one of my family members Spotify account, they cannot see the Echo Dots as Spotify Connect devices. Why can I only see the Echo Dots only when signed in using my main Spotify account?

1) Is it possible to allow all my spotify accounts that are in my family account to see my Echo Dots as a Spotify Connect device?

2) Is it possible to link Alexa to one of my family accounts (not being the main account I created for which I have the Family Premium account)?

I have now linked Alexa to my main Spotify account, so now at least all the Echo Dots are visible from Spotify app that are signed in with my Spotify account. But the rest of my family signed in with their own Spotify accounts cannot see them and also cannot switch the music from their phone/tablet to the Echo Dots.

Thanks,

BTW: the response I received before from Katerina does not solve the above issue:

We'd first recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more info on using Spotify with Amazon speakers

Let us know how you get on 🙂 We'll be right here if you need further help.

10 Replies

Hi,

The spotify answer you are referring to answers your two questions I think.

The answer to 1 will be that you have to create separate Amazon accounts also, did you do this?

For 2, what I understand that it doesn"t matter if it is a main account. All the family accounts are premium so you can use them all. Using multiple accounts simultaneously is tricky though. But according to the post that should be possible when you setup multiple Amazon accounts.

Regards,

René

Hi, I have created two accounts for my wife and child, and these two are in my fanily premium account, that I created with my own (=main account). The problem is that I can only setup my echo dot with one spotify account (I used my own account that is the main account for my family premium account). And only this account can actually see the echo dot from the spotify app. So, this means that when I comfigure the spotify app to use my wife’s account, she cannot see the echo dot.

Hi, the problem is that in my Amazon account it only allows to link Spotify through one Spotify account, and it doesn’t seem to support other spotify accounts in a family account setup to see the Echo devices. And thus, only the spotify account that is used to link Spotify to Amazon Is able to see the Echo devices. When I unregister my spotify account in Amazon and would link it to my wife’s spotify account, only she would be able to see the Echo devices. My expectation was that all members of a Spotify family account would be able to see and connect to each Echo device in the spotify family account.

Hi,

In the reply you got earlier it states that you have to set up two Amazon accounts also. Then each amazon account should be coupled to one spotify account.

Did you try this?

Regards,

René

Hi Rene,

Yes, I tried creating a different amazon account, added to household. What happens is that I see the echo dot devices from the amazon alexa app signed in on the tablet. So that part works as Amazon explains. But unfortunately, from the Spotify app logged on from one of my other family accounts, I still cannot see the echo dot devices.

Hi,

Not sure if I still understand the issue anymore. I thought the issue was that when person A gives a voice command, for example: play my liked songs it does work. But when person  B gives the command the liked songs of person A is played. To solve this you should create two Amazon accounts and if person A wants to use voice commands he should first say: connect person A and then play liked songs. The same for person B.

But from your last post it looks like you want to see devices from your spotify app. So it's not voice command related? It's a connect issue. I don't have alexa and I can't use it because it's not supported in the Netherlands.

But i do have sonos and use it with connect. With connect i see both my sonos devices and a chromecast device. 

All my other family accounts see them also. 

But I don't understand where you need the spotify app for. I mean you talk to an echo device which is connected to spotify, so you don't need the spotify app do you?

Regards,

René

Hi René, thanks for your reply.

Indeed my issue is about being able to see the Echo Dots from the Spotify app. With voice commands from Alexa the solution with two amazon accounts is working fine. I'm using Alexa in Netherlands too, of course using english voice commands, but it works in Netherlands.

I am using Denon Heos and all of my Heos speakers are visible in the spotify app for me, my wife and my son, all using our own three spotify accounts. My spotify account is the main account in the family premium account. Same functionality as you, using Sonos.

Rgds, Heroe

11/2022 - This is still an issue where only one family member (main Spotify account) can see amazon devices in the Spotify app. The other family members are NOT able to see the amazon devices even though they are connected to the same network and the setting in Spotify are turned on to allow others to see devices on the same network. You can't link amazon devices to multiple amazon accounts so those suggestions will not work.

same here

Suggested posts