Amazon Echo Loses Spotify Connection

Highlighted

Amazon Echo Loses Spotify Connection

Casual Listener

Not sure where else to post but I have a premium family account so posting here.

Yesterday while playing a Spotify playlist through an Echo Dot 3, the Echo would lose its connection to Spotify on my phone. I'd go into the phone (Android) and the device would be gone. I'd tell Alexa to "Spotify connect", the device would show back up in my phone, and music would start again. After 20 minutes or so, it'd stop playing again.

Repeat this for a few hours. Super annoying. Any ideas why this kept happening and how to fix it?

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Amazon Echo Loses Spotify Connection

Hello there @aumfc,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community!

Since you mention that you're on the Premium Family plan, the reason why your playback keeps getting interrupted might be because the account linked with the Alexa device is accidentally used by another family member. Have any of your family members experienced the same issue?

In any case, we'd suggest you start off by relinking your accounts, following the steps here, to see if that makes a difference.

It'd also be a good thing to check out the requirements to use Spotify Connect in this support article and make sure to cover the troubleshooting steps listed here.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here to answer any further questions you may have 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
SUGGESTED POSTS