Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Amazon echo not seeing my family subscription as a premium account

Amazon echo not seeing my family subscription as a premium account

I am the primary account of a family subscription. I have tried to add my account to an amazon echo device, and the attempt fails with the error to the effect of: you must have a premium subscription to add to an echo device. Also, perhaps a related issue, while logged in to my spotify account (again, it's a family subscription account) I see offers to upgrade to premium, both in the spotify desktop and here (for example the header area of this page has a prominent link to "GET PREMIUM").

Thanks,

-- Jon  

5 Replies

Hey there @jonancoop,

thanks for posting in the community !

You can always check this help guide for further info.

Hope this helps 😃

That doesn't address the issue I wrote about. Let me know if I was unclear about the issue.

Can someone direct me how to contact support directly for subscription account problems?

Hey there @jonancoop,

If you're using a premium account of any kind you should see it presented on your account oveview page online.

The main reason for it not to recognize it is if you not connecting the right account and might have more than one.

You can use this help page to locate all accounts listed under you details.

In addition, please check all info provided on this help page on types of devices and the amount of devices playable at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Here again is the issue. I have a strong feeling that it is an issue for Spotify to resolve, however I haven't discovered how to contact them directly.

* I have one account under this user name.

* I have a Family subscription, and my account is labeled as such when logged in.

* The service I receive in that account is apparently Premium (i.e. I access Premium features such as on demand and download).

* Alexa does not allow me to add this Spotify account.

-- When I attempt to add it, I get back the response to the effect of "only premium Spotify accounts may be added" which implies that

1). The device is compatible with Spotify generally

2). Alexa doesn't recognize that my account is a Premium tier 

* As a possible additional indicator of something wrong, while logged in to Spotify I see upgrade messages (i.e. "Get Premium" link at the top of the page).

Thank you,

-- Jon 

Hey there @jonancoop,

Just to double-check, make sure to do the following on your device:

1. Log out from the Spotify app
  2. Go to your account page and log out from the website
  3. Log back in to your account page.
  4. On the account overview page, if you see that it's Free, close the account with these steps. If you see that it's Premium/Premium for Family, go directly to the Alexa app and connect your Spotify account. If prompted to log in to Spotify, use the same details as those that showed you were on Premium/Premium for Family on the account page. 

Let me know how it goes 😃

Suggested posts