Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is crashing after 5 seconds

App is crashing after 5 seconds

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 4s

Operating System 6.1.3

My Question or Issue - I have been a paying customer for years. I currently have an iPhone 4s that ran an older version of Spotify. The app worked great, but then a couple of days ago, the app started crashing about 5 seconds after opening it. I have tried restarting my phone, resetting my phone, and being redirected from online to the Spotify app (in hopes I could access the app this way). Nothing works. My phone works well otherwise. I hesitate to delete the app and then redownload as I have read complaints about people (w/ old iPhones) who cannot download the Spotify app after deleting it. I need help, and I do not know where to start. It is extremely frustrating not to get a service that you are paying for, so any help is greatly apprecaited. Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey there @N8-18,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

You can also try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So, I tried that, now I cannot redownload Spotify just as I feared. What do I do now?

Hey @N8-18,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can only offer support for the latest version of the app downloaded from our official sources, for example our website.

In order for the app to run smoothly it's important that the iOS version is up-to-date. We can't guarantee that it will work well with older versions. It's a good idea to check out the system requirements here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts