Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are your playlists intact when you move from Spotify Premium to Premium for Family

Are your playlists intact when you move from Spotify Premium to Premium for Family

Hi All,

My son currently has Spotify Premium and I am thinking of getting Premium for Family.  My son has built up several playlists that he does not want to lose.  If I take out Premium for Family and then invite him to join, will he lose his playlists or will they transfer over.

I'm confused about the billing side of things, if he joined my Premium for Family would he need to cancel his Premium account after he joined?  Will his playlists still be intact?

Many thanks for any help offered.

Paul

3 Replies

Hey @pauljscott2003, thanks for posting! 

Your son will not lose anything, when you upgrade, all your saved music, playlists and recommendations come with you. You keep the same account.

Any future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family

Enjoy your family : )

More info: 

Premium for Family FAQ

Premium for Family

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for confirming about the playlists, still a bit confused about the billing.  Currently my son is paying £10 per month on direct debit for Premium.  If I start Premium for Family and start paying myself for the package, and then invite my son, can he then cancel his £10 per month payment, as he will be using the Premium for Family?

Thanks

Hello back, 

yes, he can cancel it at any time and join the Family. When he cancels, any premium time left on his previous subscription will be resumed when he leaves the family plan.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions, you're always welcome back : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts