Can I get Hulu with Spotify premium for family?

Dami3
Casual Listener

10 Replies

Re: Can I get Hulu with Spotify premium for family?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Dami3 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, you can't apply additional discounts/offers to a Premium for Family plan.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

calebleiker
Casual Listener

Knowing that customer feedback is important to Spotify I feel compelled to share the following comment related to Hulu being free for Premium subscribers but not Family subscribers. If I'm not mistaken, there's no difference between Premium and Family beyond the obvious price difference ($9.99/month and $14.99/month) and the ability for multiple family members to access premium data. Following that logic, why then would Hulu be free with a Premium account and not Family when, in fact, there is no difference? Aren't we still paying for premium service with a Family subscription? I'd make the logical argument here and say that given we/Family subscribers pay more per month it should follow that we get Hulu free too. Regardless of whether or not you change the current partnership and access, I'd love to hear the reasoning behind why Family subscribers don't have access to this same benefit? 

shawnalane
Casual Listener

I'm a disgruntled Premium for Family subscriber, too. When we got Hulu, we thought "well, that's nice! Let's upgrade to the Family plan!" as a "thank you" to spotify. We had no idea that we'd lose Hulu until we went to watch something. Very unhappy about this. 

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback in here, but it's best to post it at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Hulu-Spotify-Family-Plan-with-Hulu/idi-p/2348892 :)

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dami3
Casual Listener

It’s ridiculous that Hulu can’t be included in the Spotify family plan! Makes no sense that the highest paying customer is excluded from this offer. 

BPinkney
Casual Listener

Still no update from Spotify on this? Are we to assume that they are just going to ignore this JUSTIFIED complaint?

steve69
Casual Listener

+1. I only really have Spotify Family so my parents can use it infrequently. With the new Hulu deal, opportunity cost is such that I can actually pay less and get 2 services if I move over, so that's what I'm doing.

There really is no difference. Just have the 1 Hulu account per family subscription and it's done. I bet Hulu is worried that the entire family is gonna use the subscription (surprise: they already do).

Kdoerfler88

Had a .99$ /month Hulu subscription from Black Friday sale , opted into the Spotify with Hulu since I have had Spotify premium for years now, upgrade to Spotify for family so my girlfriend can listen as well, lost my Hulu subscription..... doesn’t make sense, and no I can’t get back on my promo Hulu sub since I opted in to the Spotify bundle.   

BendyC

Great point, I was wondering the same thing... following this post to see if any updates or Spotify responses come through. 

Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS