Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can all family members on a Family plan listen to Spotify at the same time on their own devices?

Can all family members on a Family plan listen to Spotify at the same time on their own devices?

Pretty straightforward Q but before I purchase a family plan I want to confirm

I will have 3 users on 3 unique devices (all within one address) who will all want access to Spotify at the same time - does the family plan support this?

8 Replies

Hey @isleofman12! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Yes, you can do that.

Every one of your family members gets their own account and is able to play their own music at the same time. 

If there's anything else I could help with, let me know. ^^

Peace

If you can find the answer to this, I would love to know it. We've been trying for months to play on 4 different devices on a family plan. It doesn't work and we've had no satisfaction in fixing the issue. Next step is to cancel. 

Hey @Dfelthamscott! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry to hear this.

Do you mean that you're trying to play music on four different devices at the same with the same music or just in general?

Peace

At the same time.

@Dfelthamscott 

Yes, you can listen to music on up to 6 devices at the same time.

But keep in mind that everyone who wants to listen to music needs to have their own account. 

What is the exact problem you're experiencing?

Peace

I am having the same issue.

WE have a Family Premium account and we each have our own account under the family. However, if I play music on my Imac, it stops when my son plays on our Google home or my daughters ipad etc.

This is the 4th time I've tried to resolve this issue.

Next step is to switch music providers.

This is concerning to hear - I have not yet moved my family over to spotify. The main reason for us to switch over would be to listen to our music simultaneously

I have to add to the concern b saying that the customer service has been less than exemplary. Almost non existent.

Suggested posts