Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can login on app, but can't login on browser or reset password

Can login on app, but can't login on browser or reset password

I have family premium. My daughter was kicked off for some unknown reason. When I try to invite her back it's not working. She receives the invite email, but when she clicks "accept" it has an error.

Other weird stuff:

1. I can log in to her account using her email address on the app, but when i try to login on a browser with the same email address and password it doesnt work. Message: "wrong account or password". I've tried several different PCs and browsers.

2. I've tried to reset her password. Again, doesn't work: "no account with that email address". But there is. I can login on her phone using that email.

3. When my daughter first told me her premium wasn't working I logged on to my master account and saw that her name was not listed. I saw my youngest son's account there so I said to my daughter "maybe that's the account you've been using"? She said no, so then logged into my young son's account to check if it had all her playlists - it didn't. But i saw it had my daughter's email address listed under the contact details. Weird. It means we had 2 accounts that were both using the same email address. Thinking this might be why my daughter was kicked from our family premium list I changed my son's contact email address to a different email address (so it wasn't a duplicate). Note: His account still works fine (with the new email address) and I can log in on his phone, my phone, or my daughters phone or a browser using his account details. Also, I can still login to my daughter's account on a phone using her email address, just not on a browser (as mentioned above).

Her email address: ******@gmail.com

My email address: ****@******

Hope someone can help!!

1 Reply

Hey @JonathonCocks

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts