Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can now only SHUFFLE PLAY my music (even with Premium)

Can now only SHUFFLE PLAY my music (even with Premium)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Various (iPod Touch, Samsung S8)

Operating System

Various (iOS 9 ?, Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

Hi all.

While I've had a Family Premium account for over a year and have had no issues, today I lost the ability to simply PLAY my music (albums, playlists) and can only SHUFFLE PLAY my music. Oddly enough, when I first used Spotify this morning, it was working fine.

Corrective actions I've taken include verifying that my payment went through ok and I've also logged out and logged back in - to no avail.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and this is a momentary glitch on Spotify's backend but I thought I'd ask the community.

Thanks !

Robert

3 Replies

Hi @drblade, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Please click on the link bellow and let me know if your account status is Free or Premium for Family.

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

If it says Free, you probably have more than one Spotify account.

Please follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Rodrigo.

I've confirmed that my acount is Premium for Family, and have no other account.

Embarassingly, I have now realised that I can work around my "issue" by clicking on the very first song of an album (or playlist) and let Spotify simply play each song in linear sequence, whereas before yesterday I could simply click on the big green "PLAY" button (which is now SHUFFLE PLAY). A first world problem if you ask me :-). Anyhow, I just find it odd that this functionality appears to have suddenly changed on me, on 2 different devices (iPod and Samsung S7), on the same day. Or maybe I'm just losing it ! 😉

Not sure that there's anything to do here. Again, many thanks.

Cheers.

Robert

Hey @drblade,

Just like you've realized, currently shuffle can be turned off, but not by clicking on the large "Shuffle' button at the top of the play list. Just start your playlist tapping on a specific song or any other. Then check on the bottom left corner if the two cross arrows that are highlighted in green (to representshuffle is on - if so, turn it off).

Hope this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts