Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Turn Explicit Filter Off

Can't Turn Explicit Filter Off

Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

I tried turning on the explicit filter to see if it would work. It did, but now I cannot turn it off again. I go into Manage your Family Plan, click on the account I want to manage, turn off the filter, but the filtering still takes place for that account. Not matter what I do, exlicit music is still filtered. 

8 Replies

Hi @CJLoco,

Check also your Explicit content settings on the device

Regards,

René

Thanks for the advice. The filtering is stuck on no matter what device we try, even the Amazon Alex / Echo.

Hi @CJLoco,

I tried to do the same but I don't see an option to turn explicit content off via the family account web page. I only see the option on the device. So you have that option in the family web page? Maybe it's a new feature which doesn't work correctly yet.

Regards,

René

Hi @CJLoco,

It's indeed a new feature: Family plan changes

Regards,

René

Here is where you can apply a filter per account on the family plan. I turned it off, but all explicit content is still filtered.

Capture.JPG

Hi @CJLoco,

Thanks for sharing. I don't have this option yet, it's in preview I think. I hope your issue will be fixed quickly.

Regards,

René

Not sure anyone else is still having this problem, but I was able to correct the same behavior just today. It looks like the primary account for the family has the ability the toggle an explicit filter on/off for all family accounts. However, in my case, it looks like the action to enable filtering toggled the setting on the individual account, but the same didn't hold true when disabling the filter.

1. Log into the affected account (desktop, browser, or web player)

2. Find the account settings (sprocket or avatar)

3. Find the explicit content settings

4. Confirm the toggle is in the desired position

I hope this helps anyone else, like me, that struggled with this feature.

themrshort - you are an absolute lifesaver. Thank you for following up on this post! If anyone else has this issue, I tried to adjust the settings in the web app but the settings only controlled the app language. I logged in on the desktop app with the affected account and sure enough, explicit filters were on the account even though I toggled them off as the Family Plan Manager. 

Once you turn on content filters for an account, turning them off only allows them to remove the filters for their account. Great catch.

Suggested posts