Announcements

Can't Use 2 Devices Simultaneously??

Solved!
Highlighted

Can't Use 2 Devices Simultaneously??

Casual Listener

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Premium so I could share Spotify with my mom. But if I'm listening to mine, she can't listen to hers, and vice versa. She was at work listening to her playlist, and I was at home searching songs, but I could HEAR what SHE was listerning to. Can't they be separate like Netflix? Isn't there a way for her to listen to her stuff and me to listen to my stuff simultaneously without it crossing over like that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Can't Use 2 Devices Simultaneously??

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @AndrewFantasia,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like all family members are trying to use the same Spotify account to listen to music at the same time. To be able to listen to music at the same time, all family members need to have their own Spotify account. If they don't have a Spotify account yet, they can sign up on http://spoti.fi/2e1FH6k.

You can learn how to invite family members to your Premium for Family plan here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

She's most likely still logged into your account in her app. I'd recommend telling her to log out and log back in using her account.

Thanks and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximRock Star 24

10 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @AndrewFantasia,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like all family members are trying to use the same Spotify account to listen to music at the same time. To be able to listen to music at the same time, all family members need to have their own Spotify account. If they don't have a Spotify account yet, they can sign up on http://spoti.fi/2e1FH6k.

You can learn how to invite family members to your Premium for Family plan here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MaximRock Star 24

Highlighted

Casual Listener

But Maxim, I've already invited her into my premium account. If we can't be using Spotify at the same time, what's even the point of having Premium in the first place?

Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

She's most likely still logged into your account in her app. I'd recommend telling her to log out and log back in using her account.

Thanks and let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximRock Star 24

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Perfect, that did the trick! Thank you very much, Maxim!

Highlighted

Re: Can't Add members to "family" plan!

Visitor

I have had a premium plan for many years. i was promoted to join a family plan as another member in my family wanted to join.

She has a free account. Every time I send invite whether via email or Whatsapp it brings up a message that they are already on a premium plan. They are not.

Is it a hoax that Spotify charges another $6 for nothing extra?

How can we make the Family plan actually work without the constant "error" messages?

I log out. They log out. They even uninstall & reinstall. No change or difference. It says they are on a premium plan. No truth. They are not listed on my plan.

Needs fixing otherwise they will go back to Deezer or another platform.

Highlighted

Visitor

We are in the same boat. My wife and 2 kids are added and have received the links and we have logged out 10 times each and logged back in and nobody can listen at the same time. What is the scoop?

Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same problem, I have 3 accounts and a family premium plan. 1 master account and the other two accounts joined to the family plan. It all used to work fine, but now if the master account is listening to Spotify, when I try to use device logged into one of the added accounts, I can see what the Master account is listening to and I can't listen separately. This completely negates the point of paying the extra money....

Highlighted

Hey there folks,

Glad to have you on the Community! Don't worry - we're here to help 🙂

Keep in mind that all members of the plan need to have their own personal account, so you don't interrupt each others playback. We'd recommend following the steps in this Spotify Answer to make sure every family member is logged in to the right account. 

Just a heads-up, if you are using Voice Assistants in your household it's good to double-check that they are linked with the correct Spotify account, as otherwise this might be the reason why your music gets interrupted from time to time. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Visitor
Hello,

So they each have to have their own account on the “free account” and then enter through the link? Sorry I didn’t quite understand.

Best
SUGGESTED POSTS