Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add child to account

Solved!

Can't add child to account

I'm trying to add my 11 year-old daughter to my family premium account. In fact, I mainly opened it for her. When she tries to log in she gets a message saying that she's too young.  Is there any way around this?

Plan

Premium

Country

Scotland

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @targaid,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please read the terms and condition to the Premium for Family plan here as it will clarify everything.

Have a great week 😃

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @OGBostonEd,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

Due to each country’s privacy regulations, in order to use Spotify, the date of birth you enter must meet your country's minimum age requirements - you can find more details on that in the links shared previously in this thread.

However, there was an idea suggested about this in our Ideas Exchange here but it has been since closed. If this is something you'd like to see, we'd recommend following the steps mentioned in the status update of that idea.

For more details on how your feedback reaches Spotify, or how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

On another note, you might also be interested in Spotify Kids. However, right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets, so no worries if you're having troubles seeing it. We hope to have it available in other markets soon!

Hope this helps clear things up! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @targaid,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please read the terms and condition to the Premium for Family plan here as it will clarify everything.

Have a great week 😃

What? This doesn't address the problem at all.

Hey there @OGBostonEd,

Thanks for joining the thread! 

How old is your child? Also, which country are you from?

Bear in mind that here are given the different age requirements for children to be able to create their own accounts. Check point 1 - Introduction for more info on that. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to tell us, we're here for you 🙂

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I was simply commenting that the terms and conditions do not really address the concern raised in the question at all. They are specifically asking you to change the terms in the case of a family account. And I agree with that. I don't fault having a 13 year old minimum for an individual account, but in the case of  a family account, with a parent at the head, that age limit shouldn't apply.

Marked as solution

Hey there @OGBostonEd,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

Due to each country’s privacy regulations, in order to use Spotify, the date of birth you enter must meet your country's minimum age requirements - you can find more details on that in the links shared previously in this thread.

However, there was an idea suggested about this in our Ideas Exchange here but it has been since closed. If this is something you'd like to see, we'd recommend following the steps mentioned in the status update of that idea.

For more details on how your feedback reaches Spotify, or how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

On another note, you might also be interested in Spotify Kids. However, right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets, so no worries if you're having troubles seeing it. We hope to have it available in other markets soon!

Hope this helps clear things up! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts