Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t add family member to premium account

Can’t add family member to premium account

My Question or Issue

Hello

I can’t add my daughter to my premium account have managed to add two other family members. She has a Spotify account so sending to correct email. When she clicks on email to accept she gets a message unable to join. Any help please?

This is on an iPad. Thanks

8 Replies

Hey @Sa96, I'll be more than happy to help!

No worries - could you try sending your daughter the invite using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, could you try sending one using a different valid email address?

If none of those work, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown so I can take a look at this for you. Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello 

Thanks for your reply. I have tried from another email and still not working. I have added the screen shot of what comes up. 

Sorry I don’t know what incognito mode is? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Thanks again 

s

Hey @Sa96,

Thanks for the reply!
Incognito mode is another word for a private browser, where the cookies and browsing history on sites don't save. This can often resolve issues triggered by browsers.

Could you try that, and could you check your spam/junk folders to see if the invite is there?

Keep me in the loop 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have a similar problem when entering my son’s email and password. It says that the combination is incorrect. Safari also won’t allow me to enter private mode. Really getting frustrated by this. Four family members are on but just one that I can’t add.

Hi @dp007,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this! No worries, we're here to help 🙂

First off, I'd suggest creating a new invite link by logging into your Family page and send it to your son again.

He should then head to spotify.com, click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, he can reopen the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for his own Spotify account (i.e., his email address and password).

Your son can check the email address registered with his account here or reset his password. We'll then send him an email with a link to create a new password.

If his account was created with Facebook, he can also choose LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK to access the account. If he isn't already signed in to Facebook on the device, he will need to enter his Facebook login information.

Should the above tactics don’t work, check out this support page for more tips and tricks. 

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you still need help with this.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can’t add my girlfriend on and she lives with me. We both have premium and it just says sorry try again later every time I try for 2 weeks. 

Hi. I subscribed to family premium 3 months back and got the link to add members. I want to add another member now, but that link is expired, it says. How do I generate a fresh link? Or any other way to add a member to the family plan now?

Hey there @SaloniParikh,

If you get an error message saying the invite is no longer valid, you can create a new link by logging in to your account and heading to the Family page. You can then either copy the new link to pass it on to the person you’d like to invite, or choose an option to share with your preferred messaging service. If you're using the Android app, you can also add a member by going to Settings > Account > Plan management.

@DarthSidious if you're still having difficulties adding your partner to the Family plan, we suggest that she checks her subscription status by logging in to her account here. Keep in mind, that if your girlfriend's current Premium plan is associated with a partner or if she's started her own Family plan, she first needs to cancel before joining your plan.

In case the issue persists, it'd be great if you could send us some screenshots of the error messages you're getting, so we can take a closer look at things.

Let us know how you get on. If there's anything else you need a hand with, we'll be happy to help you out.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts