Country

USA

Device

multi

Operating System

multi

My Question or Issue

Hey Spotify,

I am the mother of teen and tween boys and I'm paying you for a service called Premium FAMILY. I did my research and signed up because I was able to block explicit content for family members, and I did. But guess what, it doesn't apply to podcasts. So guess what? Of course my teen has been using his Spotify account to search up podcasts with explicit sexual content. They aren't hard to find. I want someone from customer service to contact me NOW. It is not hard to allow Premium FAMILY managers to block or allow specific podcasts, or to apply content filters and explicit flagging to podcasts. Please tell me there is a solution I'm just not seeing. Or that there is a fix planned SOON. Or maybe Spotify isn't the right place for families. That's cool. Plenty of other options.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't block explicit podcasts

Hey there @mkhstoll!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

The Explicit filter also works for podcasts and videos but the the 'explicit' tag won't show up -  it is recorded in the metadata of the podcast.

Content we identify as explicit is based on information we receive from rights-holders, so it’s possible some explicit content will still play even if you’ve blocked explicit-rated content.

We have the feature to report songs as explicit but we don't offer that option for podcasts yet, but we can understand how that can be an important feature.

We recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Regular

This is actually a major issue, as there appear to be a large number of graphic sexual podcasts that fly right through the existing parental control filters.

Highlighted

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hi, everyone @JoeQ @mkhstoll 

Just to confirm what @Elena said above, there is already a suggestion on the Idea Exchange board that requests the possibility to report some explicit or offensive podcasts. You can leave your support to this idea to make that it arrives Staff ears.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

hezorgRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS